HTML/JavaScript

Friday, September 17, 2010

Tutu Dress Birthday Card

I made this card for my niece’s 10th birthday. She goes to a ballet school, and I thought it would be nice to make something with that theme. I didn’t find anything interesting online, so I used my own imagination and that’s what I came up with:



Yes, a tutu dress! The design is a replica of Onesie Invitations (see below) that Jennifer, my demonstrator, and I previously made for my baby shower.


I just changed it a little bit, added a pleated skirt made from bright pink tissue paper and decorated it with a flower made from little hearts (use Heart to Heart punch for that) with a Trio flower in the center.

Difficulty: Hard

Card dimensions: 4 x 5.5".

Stamps (Stampin Up!): Sincere Salutations

Ink (Stampin Up!): Real Red

Paper (Stampin’ Up!): Pretty in Pink textured cardstock, Melon Mambo paper, Old Olive paper, Pumkin Pie paper.

Embellishments (Stampin’ Up!): Pretty in Pink 3/8’’ Taffeta ribbon

Tools (Stampin Up!): 1-3/4’’ Circle Extra-Large punch, 1-3/4’’ Circle Extra-Large Scallop punch, Two-Step Bird Extra-Large punch, Heart to Heart Extra-Large punch, Trio Flower punch (retired), glue dots.

9 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely adorable card! Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:38 AM

      Can you please give details on how you made this? I would love to do one as a centerpiece.

      Delete
  3. Irina , This is very clever! I would love to do this.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:16 AM

    Hermosa tarjeta

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking if I should make it for my niece birthday party

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:59 AM

    How did you fold the tissue portion for the tutu. I made the can but could not figure out the tutu portion. I would like to make it out of center piece, Please post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I folded 1 sheet of tissue paper in half and then I just fold it back and forth several times like here: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Tissue-Paper-Flowers. You'll need two folded sheets - for the front and the back...I hope I answered your question...Good luck!

      Delete